Sunday 24 July 2011

Ending with a Perfect Evening


What a perfect evening to take mutt and her friend for a walk in the park. Pleasantly warm, blue skies and lovely scenery. It was a perfect rounding off to a perfect weekend.

It has been an intense few weeks and, I have to admit, a tiring couple of weekends but tiring in a nice way. I have had the most wonderful visitors come to see me during my Open Studios and to all, I thank you, and I am so grateful for your interest and support.
I would also like to thank those who have liked my work enough to go home with a card or two, and to those who have committed themselves to looking at one of my pictures hanging on their own wall, thank you too and of course, I am delighted.

However, I would like to say that the best part for me was meeting the aspiring young photographers. I had several young ladies visit me, (Where are you lads?!) who will be embarking on their A levels this Autumn, having chosen photography as one of their subjects. They were all excited about their venture into this medium, and I was delighted that one of the girls took the time to come back a second day, to show me her portfolio. If that was anything to go by, then I await with excitement all of their A level shows in a couple of years time.

All I hope was that I was able to relay to them the joy and pleasure I get from photography and that if there is any one thing that they should strive to gain most of all in the next couple of years, it is enjoyment.

Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.