Saturday 5 May 2012

Turn the Page to Open Studios



This afternoon I toddled off to the much tweeted about Turn the Page artists book fair at the Forum, Norwich. It was a feast of creative work from over 50 artists from around the world where the 'book' was presented and represented in both traditional and surprising forms. There were sculptural books, hanging books, altered books, infact it was just lovely to see so many different interpretations. It was inspirational.

Whilst I was there I had a lovely conversation with one artists with whom I had a lot in common, not least that we both take part in out own regional Open Studios events. The conversation naturally kept returning to comparisons and ideas. It dawned on me that it is only 9 weeks until I open my doors for Cambridge Open Studios 2012! Thankfully, the wonderful work I saw at the fair has provided me with lots of momentum to really get creative with the ideas I have for my own pieces of book art. So along with the photography that you have all come to expect, this year I will also be adding book art (which I have promised for a while) I will have it all on show during the weekends of 14th/15th and 21st/22nd July, details can be found on the website

Onwards to Open Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.