Wednesday 24 August 2011

Masters at the Minories

Work by Miranda Hart

Work by Miranda Hart
I have finally managed to get to see an exhibition just before it is due to close at the end of this week. I had been keen to see it as in part, it focused on Book Art - one of the other hats I wear along with photography.

Having completed graduate studies in Book Art at LCC, I too have explored the possibilities and stretched the boundaries within the art. So naturally I wanted to take a look at the exhibition of work produced by the graduating Masters students at The Minories in Colchester.

I was particularly drawn to a body of work by Miranda Hart, (illustrated above) influenced by the stories of her fathers' journey through Africa. Using materials sympathetic and appropriate to the subject matter, her work had a thought provoking quality, renewing my desire to once more, stretch the boundaries of 'the book'.

The recently completed album featured here on my blog, is just one direction in which I take my book art. However, I am equally happy to discuss any ideas for book commissions of a more unusual nature too.

I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.