Tuesday 10 January 2012

Dramatic Arrival

Rainbow over Rath an Bharraigh

As my current visit to beautiful West Cork draws to a close, I will take a moment to reflect on when I had arrived and travelled from the airport last week.

Having stopped off at Long Strand to take a bracing walk along the beach in the blustery, tail-end-of-a-storm conditions, I was forced to take shelter in my car as a heavy shower came racing in from across the sea. As I sat it out, this wonderful scene appeared before me, the sunlight just catching the stonework of the little church at Castlefreke, whilst the rainbow completed it's arch further to my right.

How wonderfully dramatic! And I didn't mind for one moment that I hadn't managed the desired 'blast along the strand'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.