Friday 27 April 2012

UK Release of Disney's African Cats Today!

Sita (aka Shakira)

After a false start and a long wait, the UK general release of the Disney Nature, African Cats documentary film has finally happened! Prior to todays release, the Royal Premier took place on Wednesday evening at the BFI Southbank, with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in attendance, the event also helping raise money for Tusk Trust.

The film has been adapted for the UK market, with Patrick Stewart now providing the narration, in favour of Samuel L Jackson, when it was released for the American market back in October.

I was fortunate to enjoy several sightings of Sita (also know to Big Cat Diary viewers as Shakira) during my visit to the Masai Mara in 2009. This magical evening encounter with her and her cubs, became one of the highlights of my visit to Kenya.

I now look forward to finally being able to enjoy this film, following my premature blog post back in October, and hope that it will recreate the true atmosphere of this special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.