Sunday 13 February 2011

Countdown to Cambridge Open Studios 2011


Today I joined with my fellow Cambridge Open Studio artists, in a gathering that heralded the start of the run-up for our annual event. This is where over 200 multi-disciplined artists, in and around Cambridge, open up their studios for anyone to visit during four weekends in July.

I will be re-opening my doors for Cambridge Open Studios, as I did in 2010, this time in:


'West to East'


Days in the life of West Cork
From mist...

...to glorious sunshine



I will be bringing aspects of West Cork, to here in East Anglia, with a particular focus on the changes that are happening in rural life there.

There will be documentary photography on the lives of the dairy and cattle farmers who live and work there, along with graphic book arts, giving an insight into what makes this part of Ireland so attractive.

To those who visited my Open Studios last year, thank you and I hope you might choose to visit me again this year. To those who know nothing of Open Studios, click on the yellow Open Studios link above to find out more.

Over the next few months, I will be posting regular progress updates here on my blog (as well as my other photographic rovings) and if you are interested, you can sign in as a follower to receive these updates. Alternatively, you can dip into my blog at your leisure, but either way, I would be happy to answer any questions you have about Open Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.