Saturday 23 August 2014

Day 23 - August Challenge 14

Challenge - "Dance in the square"

Suggested by - Alice via FB



Tonight was the annual August Bank Holiday 'Dance in the square'

(Will write a little more once this is posted in a few minutes!)

Ok, I'm back! Due to the late finish of the event, I allowed myself the luxury of posting the images before I completed writing - I'm sure you will allow me that?

Thankfully it was dry this evening for this annual event - I recall last year being rather a washout. Mind you, it was still pretty nippy out in the night air - some dressing for the weather, others dressing for a night of dancing. Whichever was chosen, it seemed that everyone was having a great time at this free event, which takes over the market square and is put on by the volunteers of Saffron Walden Initiative.

Over the years there has been everything from a soul night to jazz night although this year, it was the covers band Van Gogh's Ear which provided the music - everything from Elvis to Robbie Williams. Young and old, the dancers did their thing to the songs from across the decades, until the clock on the library had passed 10.30 and then the totally civilised event ended with everyone lending a hand to move the tables, which had bordered the square, back into the town hall.

What a community!


Today's image and all the other images from my August Challenge will be on display in Design Essentials during September










Tomorrow, Day 24

"Chess in Uttlesford"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.