Thursday 31 July 2014

August Challenge 2014




Firstly my apologies for probably the longest period between blog posts, but perhaps some of you have managed to escape my recent tweets and FB posts. Yup, I have been and still am on holiday in France, where internet "wiffy" has been absent for much of the time and in equal measures of thank goodness I'm on holiday and eeek panic, I must post about my August challenge before we hit the first of the month. So after a long day, driving the first stage of our trip back to Blighty, I'm sitting up late to write this post, currently accompanied by the 'supermarket checkout blip' of a lone tree frog outside. (Poor soul. Someone should tell him it is time to press the subtotal button as a nice Madame Ki-Ki isn't going to come along his conveyor belt tonight!)

Enough of my digressing - well actually there is a link here. I'm doing a tour of France, and above is the official Tour de France bunting which recently graced the towns and villages within Uttlesford when we were treated to this once-in-a-lifetime spectacle passing through. (Quick plug! TDF souvenir photo books are now available from me and SWTIC!!!) Unfortunately, they chose not to leave the bunting in place throughout August for my fourth-in-a-lifetime spectacle, aka, August Challenge, even though my theme this year is Uttlesford.

Not to worry, I shall go on regardless! The challenge starts tomorrow!

Much the same as last year, I threw the challenge open to all you lovely people to come up with do-able suggestions, and once again, you didn't disappoint. I have had suggestions from those who know Uttlesford well, and suggestions from those who are not yet familiar and will learn something from each of the daily subjects. So what are the subjects? (I hear some of you asking what is Uttlesford?! Be patient, that one will be answered too!) Without further ado, here is the simple list for the month.

1st    Inside out
2nd   In a jam
3rd    Planets
4th    The highest point
5th    Quietest rural spot
6th    Out damn spot
7th    Aeronautical
8th    Why / what is Uttlesford
9th    Saffron Walden extensive cycle network
10th  Something nautical
11th  Rural idyll v. pace and rush
12th  Sir Alan Haselhurst
13th  Turpin
14th  Homely / family
15th  Reflections
16th  Market
17th  Howzat!
18th  Shadwell Wood, Ashdon
19th  Ugly building made to look pretty
20th  Uttlesford wildlife
21st  Employment
22nd Composite of land to be lost
23rd  Suggestion to be drawn on the day
24th  Chess in Uttlesford
25th  Teens
26th  Stansted flights
27th  Oldest building still in use
28th  Carver Barracks
29th  Peace / Quakers
30th  Bloods
31st  Timbered buildings

As before there are a simple set of rules - nothing too complicated.

-The picture is to be taken on the designated day. (I will endeavour to include a grab of the meta-data as proof)
-Barring exceptional circumstances, the image will be posted on my blog before midnight on the designated day.
-I am allowed artistic licence when interpreting the brief.
-Have fun.

However, as I mentioned before, there is a slight proviso, re the first two days this year, as I am still going to be on my journey home through France, so a little more artistic licence may be needed there. Also, as I was hampered by lack of "wiffy" with the planning, some of the days may have to be switched slightly, although I hope this won't be necessary.
If you can make me those allowances, I will endeavour to fulfil the daily brief.
I would be delighted if you would stay with me again throught the month of August, as you were all so fabulous last year with your support, and I would love to reach a wider audience than before so share if you will.

Oh, and dont forget, the whole months-worth of images is to be on show throughout the month of September in Design Essentials in Saffron Walden - an exhibition determined by you!

...off we go...

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.