Monday 21 October 2013

Life Goes On...




Even when something dies, it can still provide the nutrients for life to go on - as these Fairy Inkcaps (Coprinellus disseminatus) demonstrate.


These were just one of at least four different fungi growing on the old tree stump I pass daily in the park where I walk mutt. At around this time each year, I watch as they all miraculously burst into existence when the mild damp conditions occur. I have yet to identify this attractive fungi which also pops up on this same tree stump each year


Nothing in life is wasted, it seems. It just adds to the whole bigger scheme of things.

1 comment:

  1. Great photo, and excellent observation. On my property in Ireland there is a dead stump of an beech tree out of which a birch tree is now growing. I must take a photo some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.