Friday 17 June 2011

Totally Eclipsed


As I sat at my kitchen table on Monday evening, watching a wonderful near-full moon rising over the end of my garden, I planned just how I would view the special full, red-moon total-eclipse that was due for Wednesday evening. Considering the dry weather we have had here over the past few months, the chance of cloud seemed pretty slim, so a tripod set-up from the roof-top window might be just the thing.

Wednesday evening arrived, so did the clouds.
Totally eclipsed, not-a-chance.

As I sat at my kitchen table late on Thursday evening, watching a wonderful just-past-full moon rising over the end of my garden, I lamented the missed photo opportunity. Not to be beaten, I grabbed the little p&s, clicked it onto nightshot and captured trees eclipsing the moon.

So, until December, when there is supposed to be another opportunity, here is my version of the June Lunar Eclipse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.