Monday 18 April 2011

Lords, Ladies and...


Lords and Ladies, Jack in the Pulpit, Devils and Angels, Cows and Bulls, Cuckoo-Pint, Adam and Eve, Bobbins, Naked Boys, Starch-Root, Wake Robin, Wild arum or Arum maculatum.


_____________________________________________________________________
Want to make a comment?
I know some of you have been having difficulty doing this through the blog, so try this:-
Click the link below, write the title of this blog page followed by your comment.
I will see the comments, and then post them back on this page.
You can still tick the reactions boxes on this page though.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you.

http://ailecphotography.co.uk/contact.php
_____________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. We recently took photos of this plant too which led to our search for some of its other names just as you have. It is a rather splendidly sculptural plant with some equally splendid & graphic names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have watched as the first leaves emerged from the winter earth to, now, with the appearance of the sculptural flowers and I will look out for those (oh so dangerous) berries later in the Autumn.
    Each name seems to be fitting for one reason or another but I think three names stick in my memory. Lords and Ladies, Jack in the Pulpit and Cockoo-Pint.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog.
Please feel free to share this post and I would love to hear thoughts and feedback.